The 3-A Approved OMEGA® PRS-S-NB9W and PRS-H-NB9W Series
RTD Sensors are designed for use in Hygienic
or Sanitary Clean-in-Place applications in the Food, Dairy, Brewing and BioPharmaceutical industries. These sensors are manufactured with 316L stainless steel
housings that meet the dimensional and finish requirements of 3-A Standard 74-03 and ASME
BPE-2007, and are welded and processed to provide a clean,
smooth, 32 microinch or better surface finish in the wetted areas for
The probe stems are manufactured in two diameters; with a 6 mm diameter probe for standard duty service,
and a stepped 9.5 mm to 4.5 mm diameter probe for good response times in heavy duty applications. A white
polypropylene connection head provides a convenient threaded entry for process wiring.
Hygienic Sensor Specifications Include:
• 316L stainless steel process wetted surfaces with surface finishes
of 32 microinches or better.
• Probe lengths of 75, 100, 125 or 150 millimetres available as standard, other lengths available
• Sensor Output is a 4-wire, 100 ohm, Class A, Platinum Pt100 RTD meeting
the requirements of IEC 60751.
• These sensors can be used with 2, 3 or 4-wire systems; see information below.
• Insulation resistance: 100 megohms minimum at 100 VDC.
• Thermal response time of less than 2.5 seconds in water flowing
at 1 m/sec (63% response).
• Optional stainless steel connection heads available.
These probes are supplied with 4-wire elements as standard. The head contains a four way terminal block with two
red and two white terminals. When used in 3-wire applications
simply connect to three of the terminals (typically two red and one white).
When used in 2-wire applications, connect to one of the red terminals and one of the white terminals.
† All amounts shown in EUR, GBP, or USD Note: For other flange sizes and styles, or for thermistor and thermocouple versions of this sensor, please contact Sales.
Options: For a stainless steel screw top head, change "NB9W" in part number to "NB13" For longer probe lengths change length in model number to required length in mm. Please contact sales for additional pricing and to place an order for non-standard items